Just hanging around

Just hanging around

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12 2011

Well as the week winds down, and the training comes to an end, I have some time to reflect. Tomorrow is our last day of induction training, I remember reading blogs from other officers who served in the Sudan, and they expressed there frustration with all the repetitive information that we receive, I think it is important that before we deploy to our team sites, we all have an understanding of what is going on in the complex country.
I will be deployed to team site Yei.  This site is the most southern site in Sudan, it is positioned in close proximity to Uganda, and the Congo. The town is home to around 140,000 people, so it should be quite interesting, My partner and myself will be the first canadians to be posted to this southern town, so standby for photos.  One last point to my buddy Dave, this city will need you expertise, so hop onto a flight and bring lots of paint.

1 comment:

  1. That's it! Im calling to arms all of the worlds top designers and we are going to go make that place look delicious! We are going to drip it in luxiourious coats of fuscia, as well as perhaps lavender (accentuate the cheek bones, don't you know...) Does are weather ever suck right now! Big drifts... did you set up your hot tub before you left... perhaps i might have to borrow it... :)

    ReplyDelete